We work with individuals who want to boost their professional presence and develop a business from grassroots level. For more information about the program, click here.
We work with individuals who want to boost their professional presence and develop a business from grass roots level.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Application for acceptance into the Professional Boost Program (PBP) as a Professional Boost Program Participant
- Agreement to participate in program for 6 Months
- Provide 5 to 20 intern hours per week
- Social Media Workshops (In House/Virtual) Educational
- Exchange/Collaboration Seminars (In House/Virtual)
- Professional Networking (In House/Virtual)
- Social Skill Development (Assigned Mentorship)
- Ethics and Integrity in Business
- On the job training
Conversion and Post-Conversion SUPPORT
- Assigned Mentor from BOCI and participating groups
- PBP participant to submit Weekly Report of assignments completed, pending, suggestions, comments, concerns, along with hours.
This project demands significant involvement by our members. Ultimate success is highly dependent on their effort. To help achieve a smooth and successful implementation and retention, it will be our responsibility to:
- Communicate with participants
- Delegate Projects within their field of expertise
- Provide training when needed for each participant (Training provided during BOCI educational events and/or mentorship assignments)
- Provide professional clothing if needed
- Provide professional appearance enhancement if needed
- Provide fashion advice if needed
- Provide platform to be recognized as professionals among Business Owners in order to generate clients for the business of the PBP participant
- Provide professional photo shoot for business purposes if needed
- Provide a graduation annually
- Professional Membership to Business Over Coffee International (Duration of Program Participation)
- Advertisement on BOCI site regarding their start-up business (Logo and link provided by PBP participant for implimentation)
- Exposure to Business Owners as potential clients at various professional events
- Featured Profile on BOCI site
- Certificate of Completion at Graduation
PBP provides an initial meeting with PBP participant to determine the scope of a personalized program based upon individuals needs.
Application process done via email @ connect@. Contact our office for more information @ 901-820-4469
PAST PROFESSIONAL BOOST INTERNS
Lois Riley Durham
LRD Virtual Admin Service
Lois Riley Durham founded and runs LRD Virtual Administrative Service. LRD Virtual can take care of all your administrative duties, letting you do what you do best – run your business! She offers web design, social media, email, and promotional marketing to businesses worldwide.
Glory Shine Adornment
Beverly is a jewelry designer who loves expressing personalities with her work. She specializes in creating custom pieces for clients and excels at integrating antique or existing pieces into new necklaces, bracelets, or earrings for a unique statement piece.
Courtney Cardona-Simpson is creative in photography, resale, liquidation, saddle-rack construction…all under one umbrella…The Cherokee Rose Family! We are presently in the discovery and development process for her business wish-list and mentorship program. Mentors and sponsors include Dawn Raquel Jensen of Virtual Options, Lois Riley Durham of LRD Virtual Admin Service, Jackie Woodside of Calming the Chaos, Beverly Borwick of Beverly Borwick Designs, Tina Tatum of RefresHER2015 Conference, Carolyn Bendall of Your True Colours Magazine and CourageMakers, Alandas Dobbins of More Memphis, Dress for Success, Krystal Viglietti
Kim Garmon has been a professional photographer and musical artist for some time, and now she is taking positive steps to enhance her professional presence in business online and offline by participating in the Professional Boost Program. Kim is being mentored by Terri Murphy, Shawn Karol Sandy, and Nita Black.
Sarah Henley has taken steps to build a firm foundation in a professional world through the Professional Boost Program. She loves to bake and has been given opportunities to bring her talent to a broad base in Memphis by showcasing baked goods at various events. Alandas Dobbins, Shelley Baur, Jana Cardona, Chris Gordon, and Gina Davis have invested valuable time, talent and services into Sarah’s program. Due to unforeseen circumstances, Sarah has taken leave from the program in hopes of returning. An approved leave of absence is one of the benefits of the Professional Boost Program. While we encourage all interns to become alumni, we also understand life demands flexibility at times, as with Sarah. We work with our interns to ensure work/life balance.
Cheryl Malik Photography, Design & 40 Aprons
Cheryl Malik is a food photographer, recipe developer, web & WordPress designer, and well-known food blogger. She feels that design can and should be both incredibly beautiful and functional. Her food photography (found at Cheryl Malik Photography) will make you hungry, but luckily she shares her recipes at 40 Aprons!